RANDOM DISSCUSSION THREAD!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classics

5 posters

Go down

Classics Empty Classics

Post  babysalesman Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:26 am

evevr have the twinge of nostalgia? the desire for the old? well put away the muskets and send your grandma home because this is where you belong! here is the center (for now) for classic gaming, talk abuot your collections, the games you want to play again or perhaps how terrible they were. welcome, friends, to the world of old.

omg, there's no normal smiley
babysalesman
babysalesman
babysalesman

Back to top Go down

Classics Empty Re: Classics

Post  afandjegudiel Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:02 pm

Woot! pong.....
afandjegudiel
afandjegudiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Monkey Hood Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:48 pm

I never really understood the emphasis on old-school games. Take a look at this list, you'll see that not only were there a crapload of games for the NES, but there were A LOT that never made it out of Japan. Certainly, it was a big step forward for gaming, but the NES didn't exactly have a good batting average. Now, certainly, you've heard of the Mario games, the Megaman games, Kirby, etc. Those are only a small portion of games for the NES. If you take a day to sit down, download a bunch of roms, and try out as many games as you can, you'll notice something. A decent chunk of them had terrible controls. It has always been an issue with games, but, when I say terrible, I mean god-awful. Another chunk would have either terrible glitches or were insanely difficult/easy. I suppose what I mean is, it's kind of hard to find a diamond in the rough, when talking about the NES.

To be more on-topic, I have been playing an awful lot of the NES Megaman games recently. I remember playing them years back, never using my powers until I get to the boss. I feel like I enjoy those games more, now that I actually use the abilities.
Monkey Hood
Monkey Hood

http://www.youareanidiot.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  babysalesman Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:42 pm

the NES was revolutionary. nothing had been like it at the time, sure there was Atari and the likes. but nothing had a decent controller until the NES. and think about it, it was the first widely popular gaming system. obviously the games aren't going to be perfect, that's like having a rookie expected to have a perfect batting average. also because of it's incredible popularity and new media type, companies flipped and made all sorts of horrible, half-hearted games for it. there were movie remakes, education games, rehashes of old stuff and even exercise games (with the powerpad of course). it's just that the pool of games is bigger, so it's harder to find what's good.

BYAWWW
babysalesman
babysalesman
babysalesman

Back to top Go down

Post  Bornofwolves12 Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:53 am

yes like the worst game of all time was E.T. that game blew major chunckas all over the video gameing community
Bornofwolves12
Bornofwolves12

Back to top Go down

Post  afandjegudiel Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:26 am

I guess I'm kinda in the middle of the whole NES debate. Yes, there were alot of crappy games for it, but at the same time it was so big. Half the adult gamers I know still have their NES and still like to play games like Star Wars and Bomberman.
afandjegudiel
afandjegudiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bornofwolves12 Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:34 am

I used to have an NES but then my littlest brother thought it would be funny and put a penny in it and started shakeing it cuz the noise it made was cool and he broke it it still to this day makes me angry
Bornofwolves12
Bornofwolves12

Back to top Go down

Post  Maylean Call Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:40 pm

I have to say, NES was a good system.
But really, I think Atari did help.
When the gaming platforms came out it was a huge move for the companies.
They were bringing in arcade games and planting them smack dab in your front room.
The result of the huge love for the new gaming platforms was the huge amounts of crapy games.
People were pushing them out simply looking for a profit.

I have to say, Tetris was a good one.
Poor guy had to fight for his money for a long time though.
Dang thee old Russia!
Thankfully he can now relax and enjoy his profits.
Maylean Call
Maylean Call

http://www.quicklinc.com/jlc

Back to top Go down

Post  Bornofwolves12 Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:27 am

The atari did contribute to the old gameing community but I think we should rember the not so long forrgotten dreamcast I know its not really that old but it did bring something great into the new world of gameing ONLINE PLAY thats right we can all thank sega for that one at least they got a revolutionary idea out before they went out.
Bornofwolves12
Bornofwolves12

Back to top Go down

Post  afandjegudiel Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:25 am

Dreamcast: good memories, although the controller design was... Unique. even the graphics on that system were years ahead of the competition. Too bad it's main focus was arcade-style games. It might've lasted longer if they had some more platformers.
afandjegudiel
afandjegudiel

Back to top Go down

Post  babysalesman Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:38 pm

i never had a dreamcast, but i have 2 or 3 NESs..... anyone interested?

palle du framage?
babysalesman
babysalesman
babysalesman

Back to top Go down

Post  afandjegudiel Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:23 am

I AM!!! How much?
afandjegudiel
afandjegudiel

Back to top Go down

Post  Maylean Call Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Only thing I need to finish my Nintendo collection is the Gamecube and the Wii.
Maylean Call
Maylean Call

http://www.quicklinc.com/jlc

Back to top Go down

Post  Bornofwolves12 Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:38 am

im interested in one so how much cuz ill buy one
Bornofwolves12
Bornofwolves12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content